Yesterday, I turned 24. It was a grand day full of many wonderful well-wishes, friends, family, good food and cake. I truly felt loved by so many people. It was a great way to celebrate another year.
In honor of this year, I have decided to draft a list of 25 things I’d like to accomplish before I’m 25. Some of them are serious, some of them are just for fun. I plan to chronicle my accomplishments here.
*Note, this was not entirely my idea as I did read CJane is doing something similar, but I have been thinking of a list like this for a while, 25 seemed like a good time to start.
The List Part 1
- Remember my Spanish – I studied Spanish for a long time. I was pretty darn good at knowing what was going on. I haven’t taken a Spanish class in at least three years, needless to say, my Spanish is a bit rusty. I plan to correct this soon and have been brushing up on my verbs this week.
- Take a week long sabbatical from my personal social media accounts – I love social media. I manage social media at work. I know that I need boundaries. I know my world will be better after I do this. I’ll report on my findings from this week.
- Run a 5k – I hate running. I exercise pretty frequently, but running is just not my thing. I think it would be good for me (and my health) to give it another shot.
- Run a 10k -If I survive the 5k, I plan to tackle a 10k with Taylor.
- Do something nice and unexpected for five people – I want to be generous and giving. I want to help where I see a need. This is my goal. Maybe, I’ll leave a crazy tip or send a gift out of the blue or something else I haven’t thought of yet.
- Start fasting – After recently reading, A Hunger for God by John Piper, I have been convicted about my lack of desire for God and for his kingdom. I want to have a greater dependency on God and I plan to incorporate fasting (which I don’t do know) as a step in this direction.
- Pray with more intention – I want to be more committed to prayer. To praying more frequently and with more purpose and conviction that God is actually listening to me.
- Try many new foods and recipes -This is basically always my goal. I want to adventure into types of cuisine I’ve never tried and things I would have never dared to cook. Pictures to follow.
- Go to San Francisco – This is actually happening in March! I’ve wanted to go there forever and I’m so excited to make it a reality.